Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Why Christians Suck

In case you don't know this about me, religion is not my favorite thing. I pretty much hate it. I really hate the religion of christianity, the "social club" aspect of it the way it's practiced in most of North America. I'm not talking about Jesus or what my faith teaches, but the way we've warped it. I don't think it much resembles anything that it was supposed to. Now, as much as I'd like to just rant against religiosity, I know that I am just guilty of being a hypocrite and living my life purely for myself. I desperately want to change that. I'm shifting my whole daily life around to hopefully begin to make that change, to live in a way that I believe I'm supposed to and ditch the hypocrisy and religion once and for all.
This article articulates far better than I ever could, exactly what I'm attempting to express in this post: http://www.beliefnet.com/story/234/story_23432_1.html
I hope that it will inspire you to become less of a sucky Christian, and just be real and love people they way we're called to.
For those of you who aren't Christians, but believe that we do in fact suck and have been hurt by the hypocrisy of myself and others, I am truly sorry. I wish that I always lived my life as a reflection of the love I know Jesus feels for us, His children. He's called us to a much higher standard than this, and I am ashamed to admit I fail far more than I succeed. I really believe if we rose to the standard of love that we're actually called to, it would truly change things. I'm excited to be meeting more and more people who call themselves Christians, and who are also tired of sucking. And it's about time.

No comments: